THE HERO OF TIME UPDATE (01-01-10)

Hey, everyone. We just wanted to let you know that Dec. 31 was the last day that The Hero of Time was available for viewing. We came to an agreement with Nintendo earlier this month to stop distributing the film.  In the spirit of the holiday season they were good enough to let us keep the movie up for you to watch and enjoy through the end of 2009, but not past 2009.  We understand Nintendo’s right to protect its characters and trademarks and understand how in order to keep their property unspoiled by fan’s interpretation of the franchise, Nintendo needs to protect itself — even from fan-works with good intentions.

This has been quite an adventure for us and we have a real sense of peace bringing the project to a close. Between the screenings and the online release many of you were able to see the film and we hope to not have only inspired those of you that live, breathe and dream Zelda but we also hope to have inspired all of you aspiring filmmakers out there!  Thank you again for all your patience with the project and we hope you had as much fun watching our movie as we did making it. Thanks for all your wonderful messages of encouragement and support! I’m sure our next project will be right around the corner! No, it’s not Majora’s Mask : )

Hot Pic

1. Michael says:

Wow, all that hard work you guys put in and now you’re not allowed to show it to your fans anymore! That really sucks :(

Caedus Reply:

You guys rock for making the movie, it’s too bad Nintendo is afraid of your abilities. I’d love to see what you could do with Majora’s Mask.

madhusyan Reply:

Concordo com você.Mas se a nintendo deixasse o filme ser publicado éla iria vender mais jogos não é verdade?

2. Kawazoe Masahiro says:

Ho my! This was destined to happen… I had the chance to see it just before it was pulled from Dailymotion and it was a great watch. I’d say it made my day but I think it actually made my whole year! ;-)

3. Reno says:

So….we can never watch the movie ever again?

anthony Reply:

not unless you had the foresight to download it.

Axel Reply:

Um, anyone know where a download link is? I never saw any more than the opening scene :/

4. Z-MAN7 says:

Wow that’s a crappy way to start off the new year, really what was the reason Nintendo did that? “We understand Nintendo’s right to protect its characters and trademarks and understand how in order to keep their property unspoiled by fan’s interpretation of the franchise, Nintendo needs to protect itself — even from fan-works with good intentions.” HOW CAN A NON-PROFIT FAN MOVIE HARM A HUGE VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE?!

anthony Reply:

exactly! these guys made no money off of it, and Nintendo still sent their lawyer-bots after them! this will probably happen to the megaman movie this may, just wait and see.

Zephyrr Reply:

Only reason I could think would be Nintendo is working on a Zelda movie and this would take away attention from their movie It’s happened with fan games that are based on previous or upcoming official games. In fact there was a fan game (can’t remember the name) that had to be taken down because it had light and dark worlds like Twilight Princess, and just so you know this is before TP was even mentioned. Nonetheless I’m glad I got this off Daily Motion before it was taken down so I’m one of thones who can view it at any time.

Snowy Reply:

Well there could be a pretty obvious reason. Nintendo has a reputation of high qualite and this movie might not be considered as high qualite for most people and nintendo doesn´t wan´t people to think they did this. Because no matter how hard you try to tell people nintendo didn´t do this, people will still think they did…

5. Reno says:

Can you at least give us a DVD file? I don’t want it to be lost forever, now people will believe the movie really was a hoax :(

anthony Reply:

as long as bittorrent is still alive, it will never be lost

6. Reno says:

Z-MAN7 got it right, there, well, looks like we’re gonna have to find an alternative….

7. Bern says:

Is there any way we can possibly get the DVD file?
    Or even just a high quality video file?
    I never got to watch this :(

8. BlackMN says:

Aw no. ;_; I feel lucky I got to watch it yesterday, but find that it sucks that it has to be taken down. I agree with Z-MAN7 too… how can it hurt over help? It might make others who’ve never tried it actually curious about the game. I hope you keep this site up and leave the epic music.

9. Stephen says:

Can they do that? Its like saying you can’t post fan fiction? I never thought Nintendo would do something like that. Really makes no sense at all… Not like they care enough to give us a real LoZ movie…

10. Anonymous says:

“but we also hope to have inspired all of you aspiring filmmakers out there!”

Not if Nintendo is going to come down on anyone else that tries to do anything like this.

11. link643 says:

le film sortira en dvd

12. Zeldafan says:

Too bad :( . Glad I already downloaded it XD. Hope some other people did it as well :)

Skullhousestudio Reply:

Hey Zelda fan i was wondering if you could possibly do me a favor? If possible please contact me! please! My email is Skullhousestudio@aol.com please respond thank you

Kai Roche Reply:

Can you please send me a copy on an email I missed it and I coudn’t live with myself if I didn’t ask to see this fan made master piece!!! Plz sent a copy to rochekai@yahoo.com! :6

charles Reply:

me to cspanhook@gmail.com

Wolfbane Reply:

Hey Zeldafan, can you please contact me? my email is zauberweber-others@yahoo.de
    About a certain thing you downloaded… ;-)

Rob Reply:

Hey Zeldafan, pretty much on the same page as everyone else. ive been wanting to see his movie since i heard about it 2 years ago and thought it was a hoax. Please contact me at grobfarley88@yahoo.com

matt Reply:

hey can u contact me to? my email is ckcotisdead@gmail.com

nathan Reply:

ME TO PLEASE PLEASE contact me at mrjasperhale@yahoo.com I have wanted to see this movie and just barley heard about it me and my cousin are HUGE zelda fans

13. Aizen90 says:

@ Reno & Bern.

Many people have downloaded the dailymotion video and put it on many upload and torrent sites, just search for them. The quality of the video is quite good, not dvd quality, but good enough to put on a tv for friends I think.

14. Sahittam says:

If you look for it, you will still find it in the Internet, in unofficial places.

15. Sage Robert says:

Wow…8 hours into a new year and the first bad piece of news was caused by Nintendo. It’s not like they were ever going to market a Zelda movie. Really sorry to hear that guys. You did great and it’s a shame that this happened.

16. Lisa says:

Nintendo… It’s sad, because this movie was brilliant :(
    I mean, it is a fan video… hard work for nothing…

Sad, really sad :(

17. Ukyo says:

Wow, that’s lame. I was hoping to put it on a DVD so my mom could watch it. Me and my dad went to see the movie in Atlanta, but my mom stayed home due to her health problems.

You all weren’t even making money off the movie. It’s basically fanart.

18. bernd says:

AHHHHHH, noooooooooo!!!
    ich wanted to watch the movie the last 2 wekks but never got time. and now i got time, but the movie is not there … T_T.
    is there no way, to get/watch the movie anymore?
    thats just not fair if not….
    ….
    ….
    T_T
    ….
    *sniff*

19. Brett says:

What!? SON OF A BITCH! I missed it by one day!? I know of one four-letter-word to describe this.

20. Ephidel says:

WHAT?!?
    I had no time to see it in the last year!
    So I can never see this movie!?

21. Nintendo Shuts Down Fan-Made Zelda Movie | JetLib News says:

[...] filmed adaptation of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, called The Hero Of Time, has been taken offline by Nintendo as of the end of December. The film’s producers write: ‘We came to an agreement with [...]

22. Alan says:

Screw Nintendo!!!!

23. analbag says:

you blew it you assholes

24. Alex says:

No! I only had a chance to watch it once!

I guess I’ll just have to wait until some person I don’t know or care about uploads it to a torrent site for me to download. (We all know someone will)

Tyler Reply:

its on plenty of sites, just have a search

25. Evan says:

I love Nintendo, but I hate what they do to fan-creations. They tried to close down Stack Smash, and all they do is make SSBB textures, and they do nothing to stop the illegal portions of the homebrew community.

I put off watching this. Did anyone happen to download it? I could care less if it’s illegal to do so.

26. Nicole says:

You can’t even show it on the internet anymore? Like, your never allowed to show it again?

DUDE I DIDNT EVEN GET TO SEE IT. :( Dammit.

Isn’t there anything you can do?

27. COREY says:

thats not right nintendo cant do that because the film is non profit fanwork
    theres nothing illegal about it if you didnt make a profit.

dont let the legend die!

28. Storm says:

Re: Alex, it already has been.. do a google search :) I didn’t find out about this movie until today when it was posted all over blogs that it was taken offline, but I managed to find it and pick it up in under an hour. Excited to watch it shortly :)

29. Eddie says:

I Can’t believe it. I was hoping for a DVD file download but, oh well. The movie was good though. Probably someday, Nintendo might agree to do a movie, someday right? Probably they’ll be inspired by you guys for making the film.:)

30. thecrusader says:

At least Nintendo let you keep it on for awhile. I am glad I was able to see this at the screening, and a few times online. Your work has not only entertained, it has inspired. Good luck with future endeavors!

31. sage says:

See. This is the thing i don’t get. People go to a lot of trouble to make something that is loosely based on intellectual property of others. Then wonder why a large multi-national corporation shuts them down.
    I mean this isn’t the first time it’s happened:

Moral of the story is if you’re going to make a game. GPL it or start with something that is based on the GPL. (Not a hacked ROM)
    And don’t call your characters and places, names that could be the IP of others.

32. tyler says:

someone who downloaded it should post a torrent.

33. Fuzzzmannn says:

Wow, that makes me sad. I wish I would have thought to download it before you took it down. Why did they come down on this, and not the April Fool’s trailer? Or one of the fanfilms on YouTube? The only difference was the amount of effort that went in to this project. It really doesn’t make sense.

34. Eric says:

Wow, six years, and you only get to show it for less than a month. I’m really sorry. My condolences to all of you.

35. Lance says:

Wow. These companies have to calm their shit down and let people have fun. It’s so sad that this world is so business-based that a giant corporation cannot see the good in things.

This is exactly the thing that makes me and hopefully a lot of others look down upon Nintendo and other companies that follow this example of extremely poor customer relations.

Companies that do things such as this should be boycotted until they apologize for their actions and reverse such legal bullshit.

Bad move, Nintendo. Bad, bad move.

36. Lance says:

Also, follow the example of The Pirate Bay: find someone in Sweden or some other country where US Copyright law does not apply. Tell them to go shove it.

37. ferrisoxide says:

Just because it’s happened before, doesn’t mean it’s sensible. Protecting your IP is important, but setting your lawyers against your own fanbase is hardly a way to win friends. And silly anyway – thanks to the Streisand Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect) thousands of people are probably downloading the movie off bittorrent as we speak.

Not every copyright holder is against fan fiction and this sort of issue may see a distinction growing from those companies that encourage a broad dialogue with the fans of their IP and those that just look like dicks.

38. Crimson TItan says:

This isn’t right. Non-profit, fan created movies are completely and totally legal, and Nintendo has no power whatsoever over your fanfilm.

Fanfilms are a HUGE part of the internet, and it seems that only Nintendo is violating people’s rights to create and distribute these pieces of work. If Nintendo follows this line of legal action then next they will get rid of all the youtube videos with people playing ocarinas, give out C&D orders to people dressed up as Link at ComiCons, and sue fat Italian plumbers for copyright infringement.

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms has fanfilms based on intellectual content from LucasArts, DC Comics, and Warner Bros and has NEVER had any shit like this pulled on them.

If you really care about this movie and want people to see it, then keep distributing it. Nintendo has NO legal grounds to do anything to you as long as the movie stays non-profit and unaffiliated with Nintendo.

39. Z-MAN7 says:

Someone start a petition aimed at Nintendo, we won’t take this lying down like dogs!

40. Randy says:

Of course, you cannot un-ring a bell, and you cannot actually stop distribution of content once it’s made available online. It’s just not possible, and that’s good news for free speech.

I’m sad to see that YOU see rights Nintendo do not (or should not) have, while failing to protect your own rights. I can only hope it is in fact a cheap attorney that sees Nintendo’s rights, and not yourselves.

I hope you will use the opportunity to lobby for elimination of copyright controls regarding non-commercial use, so that other creative fans like yourselves won’t see their work attacked in this way.

41. namae says:

if they did that to me, I would release it as a torrent behind a proxy for the rest of the internet to have.

42. dvtn says:

@Crimson Titan – Not true I’m afraid. You have to protect your trademarks if you want to keep them, wether you like it or not.

Chances are that Nintendo doesn’t WANT to stop the film, it simply HAS to in order to retain it’s assets. The rest of your arguments are frivolous and not worth arguing (look into copyright law).

Riggity Smith Reply:

The thing is, this is not protecting their assets. I had little interest in watching the movie before I read this article, now I want to what all of the fuss is about and am going to see it and theres nothing they can do to stop it. They aren’t losing assets with the simple existence of a high quality fan film, face it, they’re being [expletive]s. Stop standing up for Nintendo, they have long since been another bully corporation and don’t need you to defend them, they don’t deserve it, and most importantly, they don’t care. It was a harmless fun movie and now they have not only spread it, but also displaced a chunk of their fanbase. IF they were smart (and if the movie is good that is) they would have bought it and made it available for download on the virtual console, they would have made a bundle, the creators would have made a bundle, and all their fans would have jizzed so hard it would have reached a 9 on the Richter scale.

43. Link13 says:

I hope there will be the DVD download file, Please !!!

44. Will says:

Okay, if anyone has it downloaded in any form, please send it to me. My email is w_huntsinger@yahoo.com. I’m willing to take the risk of getting spammed so I can just see the movie.

45. Mark says:

Nintendo didn’t have to stop this at all to retain its assets… lots of people publish Star Trek fan fiction, for instance, without Paramount losing any of its controlling rights over the Star Trek franchise.

Heck, BMB Finishes doesn’t even use the word “Zelda” in the actual movie title… at most this movie is a reinterpretation of the saga in “Ocarina of Time” (it doesn’t even follow the video game plot points, it deviates from them substantially). In light of the way the events unfold and how they are seen from the perspective of a person who has played the game versus one who has not (there are some events in the movie that require a bit of explanation to appreciate for people who don’t know the game’s story), it could even arguably be considered a commentary or criticism on the original work, rather than a derivative one, so copyright issues probably wouldn’t apply.

And finally, these guys weren’t asking for one bloody dime from ANYBODY… they produced this because it was their passion to do it, and all they wanted to do was share some of that passion with those that would listen or see them.

All Nintendo has done by asking this to be stopped is to ensure that even more people see it than would have otherwise, because this news is making bigger headlines than the movie itself did when it was published. People who are curious about it will now just go and download it from somebody else who is sharing.

Does Nintendo have a right to do this? Yes… of course they do. Did they _have_ to do it? No. It was their choice.

chris Reply:

fanfition is difrint then copy
    this move was the plot of the game it was not its own
    plus fanfitions are usly short

46. Lisa says:

We all NEED a DVD file… But if BMB set it online with a link here, Nintendo would see it :( I think they have a look to this side… And so I hope, they see our comments….
    If I see this video first time, i hope so much, that somebode make a german subtitle :(
    I really hope, that an unknown person set this wundeful movie for download!

47. DelanaReallyFuckingPissedOffZamparo says:

I found out about the release of this movie online for free
    AT 9 O’CLOCK P.M. ON FREAKING NEW YEARS EVE!
    But i wasnt able to watch it, because obviously it was new years eve.
    SO I COME BACK THE NEXT DAY TO WATCH AND IT’S FREAKING GONE.
    WHAT THE HELL!
    I WAS SO EXCITED TO WATCH IT
    AND NOW I’M SO PISSED OFF AT NINTENDO
    IT TOOK YOU SIX FREAKING YEARS (or so i read) TO MAKE THIS
    WHAT THE FUCK!?

48. qwertyuiop says:

I think the Streisand Effect will take care of this. ;)

Look up that term if you don’t know what it means.

49. John Woods says:

Wow, I am so glad I was able to see the wonderful movie before you had to pull the plug. It truly saddens me that Nintendo would deem your movie a “threat” to them. I doubt I will EVER buy ANYTHING Nintendo EVER again and I hope countless others will do the same.

Jess

50. Johnr9816 says:

I’m pretty sure from a legal standpoint as long as you’re not making money from the movie Nintendo can’t really do anything about you having this movie on the internet either streaming or download. as long as you remove the legend of zelda from the title and just call it The Hero of Time and then say based on The Legend of Zelda created by Nintendo. This is how all the Star Trek fan films are done without any legal issues. I wish I would have known that this film was here before it was too late, but i regress. the only reason I see for Nintendo wanting this film removed is that perhaps they’re planning there own movie, and if so I can only hope it’s better than the Super Mario Bros. movie from the 90′s.

51. James says:

Screw Nintendo, let’s go and buy an xBox instead…

52. Nobody says:

Fail, not on Nintendo’s side but on yours. I waited patiently for the DVD files so that I could watch it with my grandmother who is one of Nintendo’s LoZ fans and now I have to tell her I can’t get it. Good job on not releasing the DVD files in time and I’ll be forgetting who you all are and ignoring your future projects.

53. nomasteryoda says:

This movie falls under the category of Fanart and technically is Fair Use. Its no different than the fan movies telling more of the story of Hobbits and Middle Earth. Those are still online. This should remain so as well.

54. BenAllen52 says:

I’m getting it from a download offsite now but THIS IS BULLSHIT.

Why the F*CK would Nintendo do this to a non-profit fan production? This is the kind of shit Microsoft would pull.

Congrats Nintendo, welcome to the douchebag club.

55. John says:

*fans’

56. Ryan says:

Dude guys its 2010…Im positive its up somewhere else on the web…And Nintendo has every right to take this down! They own the rights

57. Falcon107 says:

Hey guys, april fools isn’t for another 4 months, you guys are just pulling our legs right?

58. Bad Cartridge – Nintendo doesn’t like fan-made Zelda movie either says:

[...] of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, called The Hero Of Time, they have been told by Nintendo to take it offline. The film’s producers write: ‘We came to an agreement with Nintendo earlier this month [...]

59. Dean says:

And… I’m not buying another Nintendo product. This is crap.

60. Sage Robert says:

I’m sure that there is something that can be done about this, though their agreement with Nintendo may prevent them if this is a legally binding agreement. I’m going to do some research into copyright laws and see what I can dig up. Hopefully there is a precedence in our favor.

61. Good_no_Bakes says:

gee… I’m sorry guys…my heart goes out to you, because if it’s such a big deal to the fans here than it must be a real heartache to you guys…
    I loved it. it was amazing.
    It’s almost exactly like crimson echoes… ;_;
    I look so much forward to your next project!

62. nintendoROCKS..justnotsomuch4this says:

nintendo is awesome they have the best consoles and best games, it pains me to see all the crap platformers and hoards of first person shooters on all the other systems.. those games SUCK (opinion here)

either way, nintendo sucks for doing this, it irritates me when companies pull crap like this and just out of spite i am downloading this video right now via torrent.

also guess what nintendo? i didnt even know this film existed until today because this page is linked all over the net for the bs you are pulling. so THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR MAKING ME AWARE OF THIS VIDEO AND ALLOWING ME TO DOWNLOAD IT (legally in my country) hahahahaha stupid…

63. nintendoROCKS..justnotsomuch4this says:

oh ya and a real huge non-sarcastic thanks to the people who made the movie :D

64. Mark says:

Actually, the biggest problem I have with this is really sort of selfish, in that I won’t ever get to download a dvd quality version of the film.

65. Corona says:

Wow. Isn’t that flattering? So, just because I didn’t have Internet connection throughout the Holiday Season means I can’t watch it? I’ve been waiting for this ever since the first trailer came out. I’ve been waiting YEARS! And now? Couldn’t there at least have been a warning? Couldn’t you have mentioned a couple of days ago that it would be taken down, “watch it if you can”? I mean — I know this isn’t your fault, but I’m incredibly frustrated. I didn’t even make the movie and still it was a dream of mine to watch it, to see the characters I love come alive. Is there no way at all to watch it now? Is it going to stay locked away forever?

I don’t understand what Nintendo tries to “protect”. I take it very seriously that they follow policies which aim at harmless fanfilms and will think twice before I buy a next game system or game they produced. It is very, very sad that the company disappointed me so much. I hope others will follow my example.

Well, I’m looking forward to your next project! Provided it stays online long enough to watch it.

66. Julius the cat says:

Look on the bright side. If nintendo hadn’t stopped your movie no one would have ever heard of it.

67. Corona says:

Just wanted to add something: Google is our friend, “Hero of Time” a very common searchword

I also wanted to apologise to the filmmakers for the bitter tone of my last comment – I realise this must be the hardest and most frustrating for you. If it’s any consolation at all, I can only agree with my fellow fans: The Streisand Effect will bring you more viewers than dailymotion ever could have! We’ll keep the feedback coming if we can.

68. Concernedfan2000 says:

this is the same stuff they pulled on the fan made crow movie…i knew eventually something like this was going to happen but was hoping it wouldn’t…

69. Regular Every Day Normal Guy says:

LMAO! Streisand effect is how I heard about this.

Thanks guys for ‘digging’ this and stuff!

As far as the legality, this was settled out of court, Nintendo has a weak case because it was a fan movie/parody and these makers have a weak case because it is intellectual property.

Nintendo being the big corporation they are probably gave them a small amount of cash(a big amount to these actors) and they took it down.

Good news: This means a Zelda movie IS on its way!!!

70. Flux says:

Wow guys. I’m speaking with great knowledge on this subject. Just change any names and copyrighted references, and presto, you have a movie that Nintendo can’t touch.

71. Nix says:

Asshats.

72. Curiouser And Curiouser says:

My only question is… does Link talk at all during the movie?

73. Antaus says:

Look around dear fans, once it’s posted, once it’s downloaded, control is no longer a viable option and said item becomes the sole property of the world wide web. Just as nintendoROCKS..justnotsomuch4this said, due to Nintendo pulling their selfish bullshit act more people than ever will find, download, and watch this movie, their own actions will doom their intentions and breath unimaginable life into this movie.

74. Sage Robert says:

I know this is my 3rd post here, but it’s my last one (hopefully :) ). I noticed that a few of you talked about not buying stuff from Nintendo any more. You’ve inspired me to try my Nintendo Boycott idea. I posted about it at the official discussion forum for the movie. Here is the url.

Hope to see some of you there!

75. KPizzle says:

F you Nintendo.

76. Hoi says:

Ha. Nintendo might as well go on deviantart and tell the artist to stop making fan drawings or fanfiction about their characters (although their characters are already ruined already) This is just a silly move by nintendo.

77. Jackson says:

If nintendo took the movie down y can’t they make there those lazy ppl also I saw the tralier on YouTube and it was awesome but never saw the whole movie (soz for spelling errors) ;p

78. Piotr says:

As I understand it, Trademark law requires the trademark owner to pursue all infringers regardless of relative value or they will lose the trademark. Nintendo has to quash all non-licensed use of their trademarks . It isn’t their fault, it is a legal requirement. Copyright law does not have the same requirements.

Blaine Reply:

It seems that Nintendo didn’t say anything until the movie was posted online. When it was just being shown in theaters, they didn’t seem to care about it. The characters and story should be under copyright law, not trademark. The trademark would be something like the symbol, maybe the triforce. Overall this should be a copyright issue, not a trademark issue.

79. Jackson says:

And if I’m not playin CoD lol I’m playin Zelda coz it is like the best game and coz it’s been in my family since it came out

80. Joe says:

F*ck Nintendo

81. marcus says:

Hello
    i really enjoyed your movie and never understood why nintendo didnt take a chance at making a movie, hell that mario brothers movie with dennis hopper was pretty aweful, anyway i loved your movie and its sad that you have to take it down but hope you guys had fun and is there anyway i can download it or buy it or something i dont want to not see it again,

your fan

marcus

iMrBlankie Reply:

The Mario Bros movie was officially licensed by Nintendo. It’s completely different.

82. Cinaed says:

wow, that sucks.. it was a great movie !
    Good thing I have it on my computer in DivX format, I can watch it as much as I like ^^

Nathan Reply:

MY name is nathan I am so pised of and started crying in my room cause I didnt know there was a movie but found out there was please send me the movie somehow so I can watch please please please T_T T_T :( :(

Cinaed Reply:

for some reason the uploader’s name is the same as mine *sly wink*
    ;)

if you don’t know what torrents are, http://www.utorrent.com

83. Chris says:

As much as I doubt a Nintendo-boycott will do anything, I’ll go with it (I don’t like them much anyways).

But if anyone could answer, how exactly DID Nintendo stop you guys from distributing this? If it is completely free and non-profit, they can’t tell you guys to take it off, so what did they threaten you with?

chris Reply:

yes they can…(hehe it looks like we are talking to our selfs)
    if i got a group of friends to gether and we played another persons songs its not ok becuse we are not making money there are other things at stake other then money. if we act out one of the harry potter books it is not alowed. why dose everyone think that becuse its a game they can do what ever they want with it

Chris Reply:

Because they are just acting. This is like saying a group of kids playing Pretend and just reenacting a show they watch is illegal and it’s not. They didn’t make ANY money off o this, so it’s legal and nintendo can fuck themselves.

84. Medisoft says:

Ah man, sorry to hear about the shutdown, but I’m sure I’ll find it online somewhere! Good luck guys!

85. KanadianKain says:

really Nintendo? seriously F you. A group of people have the such passion over something created by a genius, that they go and make a movie with their on time money and efforts.
    and you take it away. no wonder people pirate all your shyte games. its called karma. I thought your culture was into that sorta thing?
    I now regret idolizing Nintendo as a kid growing up.

twitter ftw

86. Lexx says:

I really liked that movie. Luckily, I feared something like this might happen… I’m so happy I have RealPlayer XD

87. Lexx says:

OH and on the topic of Tolkien comparisons, you all are aware that Peter Jackson, New Line Cinema and Electronic Arts DO NOT own the rights to them? Because there really aren’t any. Tolkien died, and apparently his family didn’t have the power to deny Pete to make movies based on it. So any fan art is perfectly okay, in fact, you could make and sell LoTR stuff and there probably wouldn’t be an issue. If Nintendo allowed unauthorized use of their stuff they could be potentially be f’d over by other companies, ripped off that is. Legal stuff can be annoying, but it does not necessarily reflect the spirit of the company- more importantly, its products. Zelda is Nintendo and to keep it that way, unfortunate things must be done. So there is no need to be angry at the company. Disappointment, however, is far more appropriate… :/ Just my thoughts…

88. Lexx says:

You know what… Nintendo should by the movie from them and continue distributing it. that way it doesn’t violate copyright laws and it would be a nice thing for the fans. It’s not like a few k’s of $ is going to affect them… then again, NOT caring about it won’t affect them much either…well I’m done. Goodluck to everyone in everything they do…

89. Sam Fryer says:

Really not cool…. Nintendo really have become evil Money grabbers! Well, I got to see the movie and I thought it was great, yu guys did the fans proud!!

90. Elienkae says:

Wow…this really shatters my soul…I understand, but it still hurts. I don’t hate Nintendo, but I am a little disappointed in them.

91. Jackson says:

Oh yea 1 more thing if u ma

92. Jackson says:

Oh yea 1 more thing if u made a majoras mask movie that would be awesome and put on the masks and turnin in to a zora,goron or a deku guy and I noe u said ur nxt project isn’t goner be majoras mask but it is a awesome idea

93. Nooblar says:

As a 3d animation / film student, I had a short 3d animation that I worked really hard on – even missing chance to present it to classmates since I was a week late on completion – taken down after one day on Facebook since it had like 30 seconds of Bon Jovi music mixed with bar ambience and SFX in a bar scene..and that pissed me off… But for you guys, oh my god… I am so sorry, I can’t quite even fathom how frustrating this must be.. Way to go Nintendo, throwing away free promotional advertising and alienating your fanbase. I don’t care if stupid selfish ( Nintendo, EA, etc etc) businessmen want to stab themselves in the face, but when their decisions hurt hard working people.. Blah, having to resort to P2P to share non-profit, passionate, blood-sweat-and-tears creative works artistic tribute… at least we have p2p for now… and a bleak future.

94. MasterOfHyrule says:

It sucks they shut you guys down… it’s just fans having fun which in a sense, sucks about nintendo hating fan creations…

95. Ciano says:

You know what would be great is if someone hacked your computers and leaked the DVD file onto the internet somehow. Also, Nintendo is getting an angry letter.

96. Philio says:

Yeah it sucks that Nintendo did something like this. But I have no doubt in my mind that others will still get to see your hard work on this film. Got to love the internet.

97. mattE says:

so that’s it hu? all that hard work and now you can’t show it anymore. man, i guess nintendo just doesn’t appreciate all the effort you all did. well, as a LoZ fan, i want to thank you for what you did, for all of your hard work and dedication and I look forward to your next project, whatever it is.

98. DJGamer says:

Piotr says: I understand it, Trademark law requires the trademark owner to pursue all infringers regardless of relative value or they will lose the trademark. Nintendo has to quash all non-licensed use of their trademarks . It isn’t their fault, it is a legal requirement. Copyright law does not have the same requirements.

What?! Even if that’s true it’s still BS!! What are there “trademark police” out there who scour the world for things that use other people’s trademarks then say “Oh, lookie here something uses Nintendo’s trademarks-and they haven’t done a single thing about it-well I guess they must not want those trademarks anymore!”

A lot of people have already mentioned the countless number of fan fiction works that Nintendo has NEVER taken any sort of legal action against. At this rate, I guess Nintendo doesn’t have the Trademarks anymore anyway because they failed to take action against countless other works of Fan Fiction. By this logic, they don’t have any legal ground at all for doing this-those aren’t their trademarks anymore-THEY BEEN TAKEN AWAY BY THE TRADEMARK POLICE!!

99. Amused Observer says:

A lot of the comments on this board are fairly ignorant and I doubt any of you realize how Trademark law works. If Nintendo does not defend their trademarks, then they effectively surrender them and companies like Fox and Warner would be able to come in and use them without Nintendo having any legal foothold.

100. krapo says:

I’m a huge Nintendo fan, but this is so disappointing. What was the problem, seriously? This movie was pure Nintendo love. Are they going to prevent kids from playing in the garden and pretending they are Link?

101. giochi says:

Bad move from nintendo

102. TAK says:

Ok, I get the whole “you MUST defend your trademarks or you surrender them” thing (though you’d think a trademark would have the same protection as a copyright…), but what I DON’T get is, why was this fan film in paticular targeted? Why not the crapload of fan fiction, fanart, and other fan films (like for example, the other widely known Zelda fan film, The Sage of Darkness)? I know I’m not the only one asking these questions, but they’re still valid and deserve answers.

103. frank says:

to anyone blaming nintendo for pulling this film it is entirely in their right to do so, and they were actaully pretty gracious to allow the film makers to show it at all. it’s called copyright infringement. look it up.

104. Will says:

And as it turns out, my e-mail did get spammed. Sigh. It was worth it though, I got an e-mail that had a link to a torrent. And my acount gets spammed anyway, so it’s not a huge deal.

105. Stoney3K says:

I’m surprised you gave in to this cease-and-desist so easily. I know Nintendo has a unique opportunity here, as Mario and Zelda fan productions are rare (especially on this scale), but I’ve seen this practice from Paramount on numerous Star Trek fan productions, and it’s mostly just scare tactics. Eventually a few big projects decided to take their chances and actually acquired part of the “Star Trek” trademark rights (Star Trek: Phase II), under the condition that no profit would be made from the series.

Now you might be in a more weak position because Star Trek fan films have reached somewhat of a critical mass, and reached mainstream publicity. Nintendo, however, has got nothing to complain about: The only result they can get out of this film is more attention for the Nintendo brand and the Zelda franchise. It’s free advertising — but since they can’t CONTROL it, the only thing they can do is try to get rid of it.

106. Nintendo shuts down Zelda fan film, four years in the making| The Game Blog | Daily Fresh News of the Latest Games on Playstation, Xbox, Wii and PC| Coeds.cc says:

[...] not the case — the movie’s official site was updated on New Years Day, explaining that the studio had come to an agreement with Nintendo to stop distributing the film [...]

107. David says:

Ever since they released the gamecube 1.5, nintendo got worse and worse in every aspect. i hate truly hate them now!

108. Jin says:

I just saw this movie at a friends house it was unique and very well done on the issue with nintendo all they do is bark in the end they are powerless to stop the internet so for all of you who have not seen it do not fear because of their little episode they just gave this movie publicity and people are going to find some way to see it so in the end instead of looking it as a bad part which is curse them they just ended up shooting themselves in the foot because now they show their true colors when it comes to fan works. The movie is receiving attention and because of this issue people are going to learn about the movie and the crew that put together this masterpiece and brought an actual zelda film to life and a entertaining one at that ganon was win ;p but aside from that great film I look forward to seeing you guys future projects

109. zakerus says:

Aqui un fan español, seguramente no me entendais pero mi ingles no es demasiado bueno para expresar lo que siento……
    Vuestra pelicula es fantastica, me ha enamorado en serio, se nota el trabajo que hay en cada escena… y es por eso que es una puta injusticia que os hayan hecho esto, estoy realmente cabreado, aunque aun hay un sitio donde se puede reproducir… si estais interesado en saber donde mandarme un e-mail a hareo_1@hotmail.com.
    Bueno eso, que espero nuevos proyectos porque sois la ostia, vengaa un saludo desde españa ( if you want read this coment, used google traductor please :) )

110. Tom says:

Well, that’s the breaks. Some of you are responding and saying “You spent 4 years working on this and Nintendo made you take it down in less than a month?” Well, others are saying “Wait, you spent 4 years on this and didn’t bother to find the time to get Nintendo’s permission?”

111. Mark says:

This film was *NOT* copyright infringement. It may have followed the general plot of Ocarina of Time, but at the same time deviated from it substantially. In many ways, one could probably consider it a parody of Nintendo’s story, and parodies are explicitly protected in the copyright act as not falling under the purview of the original copyright holder.

It doesn’t even represent trademark dillution, because trademark dillution requires some sort of commercial intent. It doesn’t represent trademark abuse because they are neither claiming to hold the trademarks nor are they misrepresenting them as not belonging to Nintendo.

At most, this qualifies as fan-fiction.

As I mentioned before, Paramount allows Star Trek fan-fiction, as long as proper attribution is made to Paramount’s ownership of the trademark and no commercial ventures are taken with such works, yet Paramount retains full control over all of the Star Trek franchise, so it’s clear that Nintendo was not under any real obligation to have this film removed simply under any threat of losing control of their own interests over the Zelda franchise.

This is not to say that Nintendo has no rights to request its removal, and at the very least in the interests of retaining a good relationship with Nintendo, it makes sense to comply with such a request, even if they were not legally obligated to do so. To fight it could involve a costly court case that would, even if Nintendo lost (which itself would not be likely not because Nintendo was in the right, but because they have more money and can pay their lawyers to last longer than a small operation like BMB Finishes likely could manage), it would still raise a lot of bad feelings on both sides… it’s probably simply not worth it.

Further, without BMB Finishes’ explicit authorization that others may make copies of the movie (an authorization which would probably entail them having to endure the costly court case I described above), nobody else can legally distribute the work either, since BMB Finishes still holds the copyright. Of course, no laws are being broken by people who obtained a copy of this before the end of the year and are using it for their own private use.

chris Reply:

no this dose fall under copy right all the chariters had the same name’s and to many events were the same do you think youd get away with making lord of the ring just becuse you removed a few batles and added in a few love seans instead

and for the last time fanfition is never the same story as the actule story its difrint
    and fanfition is short most of the time

Mark Reply:

First of all, length of a work is completely independent of whether or not something qualifies as fanfiction.

Secondly, this movie *WAS* different from the original story… it only loosely followed the tale in OoT. It probably is closest to a parody of the original work than anything else, and parodies are exempt from copyright infringement with respect to the work they derived from.

112. James says:

@ Lexx: What you said about the copyrights is not exactly true. “Copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years.” http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html see this link. Tolkien died 1973 so copyright is still in place for his works.

113. Joe Vega says:

I only heard about this film this afternoon (Streisand Effect). I wasn’t expecting much, but I really enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing it! The story and acting was quite well done.

Oh and to Nintendo, thank you for shutting down this project, otherwise I might have never seen it. ;-)

114. Gustavo Rodrigues says:

It’s fucking seen, yet the whole team have done well the film was very good. Congratulations to you.

And once again Nintendo has proved it is not there for her fans, she wants to make money.

115. protip says:

Honestly guys, do you really expect NintendofreakingJapan to contact and English website telling them to take something fanmade and non-profitable? Let’s just take down every fanart website because they will be contacted by company X. I bet Nintendo never contacted them and just can’t release the dvd file because they’ll have a lack of seeders or can’t find a good hosting site for the file.

Also if any of you reply Nintendo America did, you’re a bunch of idiots, Nintendo America is only a publisher. Nintendo Japan makes the games, they then get shipped off to America for translation(possibly) and then released into the English market.

116. Brian says:

I saw this movie and it really sparked an interest again in the series, well until Nintendo decided to be pricks about it. They could have licensed the stuff to you guys at low cost and then enjoyed the exposure, but instead they pull this. So looks like I wont be buying anything from Nintendo for a long time.

117. Steponme says:

): I wish you all had fought this a little more… it’s really not in Nintendo’s right to do something like this. You guys worked so hard, and being out of town… I never got to see it, which really bums me out. I don’t think Nintendo is right here, ya’ll were not at fault in anyway. it’s absolutely pathetic that they felt threatened by you

118. James says:

To those saying that copyright laws were broken that may be true, I would have to do more researching, but that does not take away from the fact that this is the only nintendo fan-film or fan-fiction to be forcibly removed by nintendo, atleast that I am aware of. I have seen other fan-films on YouTube and others that have not been removed and they have been up forever. Yet they remove this one only and go after none of the others. And since this movie has been known about for years and on many nintendo and zelda sites nintendo could have easily ended this shortly after the first trailer. My point I am saying is, Nintendo KNEW about this movie and could have ended it long ago before all the hype grew.

119. Hero of Time Shut Down | JoyStickChick says:

[...] I hardly knew ye. The full-length film dedicated to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time game is no longer being electronically distributing its movie, due to Nintendo’s wishes. That makes good sense, seeing that a big company like Nintendo is [...]

120. the zelda fan says:

Wow. nintendo you get worked up over a fan movie, and yet you don’t take out
    the parodies on newgrounds or zelda dungon or zelda infinite. seroiusly. for once nintendo crossed the line. how did it voilate the copy right. they said they didn’t own the characters. they saidd everything thst has to be said to be said to make it ok.

121. Mtp says:

I thought Nintendo encourages fan creativity now (with flipnote and the DSi), but this is too far. I didn’t even get to watch the entire thing! :(

122. Richie says:

Nintendo shouldn’t do that…. The creators of this movie probably spent thousands of dollars to make it, and took all that time. Now, what are they going to do about the fan-game that was made for the movie? What about all the zelda fan-games????

123. Cleito says:

Is someone from NINTENDO reading all of theses coments? Someone should copy all coments e send it to the nintendo website. They have to read this.

124. Sodo says:

F* Nintendo.
    They’ve continually screwed over their fans time and time again, and personally I’m done with their bulls*.

I know for a fact that I’ll never buy a Nintendo product, ever again.

125. Chargeyman says:

Nintendo ( and many other video game companies) can be idiotic sometimes. But this is just extremely too stupid. Yes, it does violate trademarks and copyright laws, but really, everyone does! It has been five years of fan films and previews, and over 10 of fan art, movies, and more! That’s violating the laws, yet they encourage it because it reels them in more buyers! Now, this movie would of brought thousands and thousand of more fans and buyers, which would lead to even more! It would of been better if Nintendo BOUGHT the movie instead of destroying it. By 2011, Nintendo could use it’s power to bring it to theaters’ everywhere, loading stores buying Nintendo products. Did Nintendo ever think of that? Just BUYING the movie and bringing in more Zelda fans and getting all the other fans extreme happiness, instead of destroying it, wrecking thousands of LOZ fans’ hearts, making them feel sick of Nintendo, not wanting anything to do with them? We should all give Nintedo a peice of our mind!!! Maybe the HoT team should offer them to buy it! And to add to this, just because Nintendo got it off DailyMotion, doesn’t stop others from putting it on DailyMotion themselves, and on other video playing websites. Nintendo didn’t end this guys, and we shouldn’t let them finish it!!!

126. nero says:

enjoy it guys heres where i downloaded it: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5224637/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Movie__The_Hero_of_Time_(fanmade)_(avi)

127. Sander says:

I think Nintendo is making an official Zelda movie.

Bern Reply:

That is a good theory, and it fits in with nintendo’s jump at this film.
    I think you may have something there.

128. Nintendo takes down Zelda Fan Film | Game Engine says:

[...] has reached an agreement with the films creators to pull the film, vanishing on Dec. 31. In a post outlining why the video had been taken down, the ‘Hero of Time’ team [...]

129. marcus says:

so where can i get a copy even if i have to buy it????? plz tell me

130. Wunder says:

To be honest, I didn’t really enjoy the movie, as there were quite a few flaws, and it left out OoT’s main purpose: The ocarina of time. Unless that brown one was the OoT, but I kind of thought that was Saria’s. I dunno.

131. Shades X. says:

Email me, ill send you a copy of the movie. Legendshadesx@gmail.com

132. Good_no_Bakes says:

remember…. Death is NOTHING to the reaper.

133. fonzbear2000 says:

I’m sure glad I downloaded it!

134. Matt says:

Yea, thats a BS reason to shut down a fan film from such devoted fans for using most of their time money, blood and sweat for the past 4 years only to get spit on by nintendo themselves, come on, even bungie and micro$oft didnt care that a bunch of guys made a series using halo(not red vs blue guys), its called “the codex” its a 20 episode series about 15 min long, what they did was make a serious epic action series out of halo and when they were done viewing episodes online, they were showing it in movie theaters! They never got a cease and decist from micro$oft, as much as it really does suck, if all your fans of the film want it bad enough and know how to look, they can find your film else where, your work will still be seen by millions of fans who know how to look, trust me hehe

135. TrentSilver says:

WTF?!?!?!
    I’ve been looking forward to this film for a LOOOOONG time. I didn’t have the chance (even over the holidays) To see this announcement. Some of us actually have family and WORK! Personally this is effin’ retarded to even have a limited showing online in the first place. If it’s uploaded, it shouldn’t be taken down WHATSOEVER! There’s no way how this could effect Nintendo’s properties when there’s not a PROFIT made. I’m beginning to believe all this crap is a hoax. Someone else mentioned that many will believe The Hero of Time is a Hoax.
    I apologize for my rant, but this has ended the hopes for the rest of us fans. Thanks for giving up my hopes as well.
    Nintendo is a piece of $#!+ and effin retarded to destroy all the hearts of their fans. They’re gonna get a personal letter straight from me, if they don’t pull their heads out of their @$$es. Especially when they can buy the movie from HoT and make millions. They should do that, since Nintendo is slowing declining due to the american economy. You’d be surprise how much it’s effecting them, especially when Sony and Microsoft are stealing their fans.

136. guy says:

hey just give me the file and i will upload it on code names and will take all the blame for it if nintendo gets mad. seriously i would do it.

137. StrikerMan780 says:

Nintendo has lost even more respect that I originally had for them. First they flip the fucking finger to Rare, then the Loyal hardcore gamers, and now to their fans.

138. Daniel says:

This is ridiculous! Think of how many fans Nintendo has lost! Instead of being smart and BUYING the movie from BMB finishes and making millions off of it, thay had tgo be dumbasses, and take the movie down altogether. Bad move Nintendo! Shame, Shame, Shame!

139. Cha195 says:

Hero of Time – more like Waste of Time. What the hell? ??? Seriously. What? I never even got to see it because everytime I tried, dailymotion played up. Thered best be a file of it somewhere.

140. link says:

all i can say is – THANK GOD FOR * ;]

141. cleito says:

METAL GEAR SOLID has a fan movie too! And it is free and still online for everyone to watch and download. I don’t know if Konami knows about it, but the movie is still on. Nintendo is a blind company that will lose a lot of fans.
    The MGS movie is on: http://www.mgs-philanthropy.net/main/?cat=3&lang=en

Riggity Smith Reply:

but MGS already has an official movie, its called Guns of the Patriots XD

c wut i did ther?

142. Justin says:

Theres a magical thing about the net, Once something is posted it can never be really taken down. Even though its been taken down if you do the right digging online you can still find the movie. Nintendo may have spoiled your fun but people will be watching for a while. watched it for the first time Jan 11 2010

J-Rod Reply:

Hey i am very curious to where you found the movie? I have been diggin for days and can’t seem to find it. Can you please send me the website or movie???

admin Reply:

cute.

bigt Reply:

*.org

143. Rae says:

I was lucky enough to watch it and I was so impressed.
    I’ve been waiting for a film of any sort based around the Zelda games and I think you guys did an amazing job; and I will honestly say I was a little apprehensive before watching it.

It is such a shame about Nintendo not letting you distribute it. I’ve been a long time fan of Nintendo and this has honestly dampened my opinion of them; it’s not like you’re even making money from it.

But for people who haven’t seen it, there are ways to get a hold of it, trust me, you just need to look.

Great job on this movie guys, once again.
    You’ve made me a very, very happy fangirl :]

144. Madi says:

If anyone has a link to a torrent, I’d love to have it.. : ))))
    I really wish I had found this earlier.
    My email is shayice12@yahoo.com
    Thanks! :)

145. admin says:

Hey Guys. If you are trying to post comments asking if someone can give you a link to a torrent, or if you are posting links to files you claim to have found — we wont be approving those comments : / sorry

146. Kara says:

Years and years of production. More and more fans as the years progressed. All the hard work and devotion to such a wonderful project. And you don’t even get to show the video for a month. I am wholeheartedly sorry that Nintendo would do something like this. I know that fans were just as avid for the long wait as you were. I swear I have been waiting since the beginning, and this is just sad to see such an amazing project take flight and then fall because of Nintendo. NINTENDO. I mean come on, they are going to lose popularity due to this “little” kink, and are seriously going to pay the consequences for their actions through the fans.

They may as well start getting people for fan art, cosplay, spoofs, and fan made internet games.
    I never got a chance to see it, but I intend on searching every possibility so I can.
    Thank you for your devotion to the project it’s appreciated highly. =]

147. milleja46 says:

What i don’t understand is that you guys/girls did NOT make any profit or claim as own characters, So i say put it back online and tell them you did nothing wrong. You did noting that they should have gotten mad about. I personally found a download of it and have watched almost 3 TIMES! Great movie, just wish NINTENDO would not have gone stupid and make you remove it. They were getting free advertisement and decided they did not want it. So suffer them all, for their poor decisions, :( hope they enjoy it.

148. Yamiko says:

I JUST discovered about this due to me not being around but, whyyy? I would’ve loved to watch this wonderful film after seeing the trailers! Now I’m left hanging. I’m a Zelda Fan Girl and Ocarina of Time was my first game playing an it started my love.

Guess I’ve come too late. ): I thank you, though, for putting such love and devotion into such a piece. ^^

149. cleito says:

SUBTITLE for the movie.
    Go to the forum and to the post that says “Subtitle for the H.O.T. movie”
    We need people to volunteer to do the subs for the movie.
    Go there and read the post.

150. tachiko says:

i have seen the movie and ‘ I Totally understand nintendo closed it’
    I just hope that nintendo will put some money in to make a huge movie…

but god works to the fan ,it must be hard.
    its not good but not bad to, fine for a fan made movie

ps: sorry about the english’ I COME FROM DENMARK

151. darkfire25 says:

Can they legally do that, considering you were making NO profit? You had also made considerable changes to plot and characters, it was your interpretation, and a FAN based movie, I would look into legal rights if I were you. I’m certain you would have some. Next Nintendo will be going after fan art on DA websites and such. Someone has got to put a stop to the lawyer baloney.

Bradley Reply:

Darkfire they took it down voluntarily.

(speak, english, clearly, or go read some grammar books!) Reply:

Not really, nintendo kind of forced their hand (but that was not implied) if they hadn’t taken it down voluntarily they would have been sued.

DarkWolf25 Reply:

oops my name wasnt supposed to be that.. danged cut and paste

152. heyjay2 says:

the badest movie ever.
    not fan based, zelda based on a FUxxED way/.

153. william says:

wow i just read all of these and i got to the admin saying we wont approve thats kind of a jerk move but i understand why you wouldnt but it made me start laughing b/c ive been looking for the movie for this whole month!

154. SakuraTheShadow says:

No!!! Please put it back! I never got to watch it!

155. Bradley says:

Its a shame you had to take this down. It was an entertaining film and a lot of hard work was put into it. And for those of you who still want to see it really bad. I have seen it *. I, having already seen it, did not download it, but the comments seem to verify it. Lets hope this film does not get lost to history.

156. Nalanol says:

… Someone should just post the file on the pirate bay and let us all seed the file and share the love.

157. Hamza721@gmail.com says:

Lol i downloaded the entire movie and burned a bunch of dvds!

158. HiddenSage says:

If anybody has questions about the movie please feel free to contact me as I would like to personally help people that have questions related to it. *cough* *hint*hint* *cough*

159. HiddenSage says:

Oh ya, my email is longliveHoT@gmail.com, so again feel free to send me any questions you have concerning the film.

160. neoarcadia says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I have been really busy the last couple of months and never got a chance to see it, i have been waiting years for this and i guess i never will.

161. Museyfied says:

That’s really a shame, I’m glad I got it saved to my computer. Great job guys. :D

162. Z-MAN7 says:

So, will there ever come a day when BMB can release the DVD files? The movie is at download torrents all across the web, but I really want a high quality DVD file straight from the people that made the movie.

163. tachiko says:

Hello
    For you who have not seen the film and can not find it so,
    write to the mail here and I’ll help you.

164. tachiko says:

for you who have not seen it,
    write to the mail here and I’ll help you.
    janus1231@ofir.dk

165. Kay says:

well, i saw it and LOVED it… its been pirated so you can view it on pirate sites believe it or not…not that i am encouraging such things. Pirating is bad! *
    Nintendo sucks, after all the hard work you guys put in, this is simply unfair. You were not making money off this…bah, i say we boycott zelda games to prove a point.

166. speedj2 says:

well this sucks. ive been waiting to see this since the first trailer came out and id been waiting so long and have been so busy with other things id stopped checking regularly so i wouldnt be so impatient. last time i checked it had finally been finished and was being shown offline. and now i check again and its been released online and shutdown. and i missed it. :’( so many years. for nothing

167. Zac Cacciolfi says:

COME ON! I just found this out and its to late for me to see the movie! Im a huge fan of Zelda and when I heard about the movie i wanted to see it! * My email is: zcacciolfi@aol.com

thanks!

168. Anie says:

That’s such a shame! I’m really sad to hear that you guys had to shut it down. (and I never got to see iiit!!! ) *sniff* I’ve been following you guys since the first trailer came out, but didn’t find out about this until today (such a fan I am, really *sarcasm*).

But like many people said, once it’s out in the net, it’s out. And the Streisand Effect will inevitably take course (and that might not be a bad thing for us poor, neglected souls). ;)

But really, people should stop and think rationally about this instead of dissing Nintendo and boycotting their products. The Zelda games are a trademark series and Nintendo had every right (and obligation) to stop these wonderful people from displaying this movie. It’s sad and unfortunate, but that’s the only way they can protect the characters we know and love from being “stolen” by other companies. I’m not an expert in the matters of trademark and copyright laws, but frankly I’m not surprised this happened. My only regret(s) is that I didn’t get to watch it on time and marvel at BMB’s work and dedication.

I’m sure you guys did an amazing job acting, filming, animation, and directing-wise. And George, I’m listening to your music right now, and it’s a gem. I can’t tell you how amazing it is, it’s really beautifull. I’m looking forward to seeing (hearing) more of your works in the future.

Same goes for the BMB team. Let me know when you guys have another movie coming up and I’ll come running. :) Really, great job! It’s been a blast following you guys, and hopefully will be in future years. Cheers to you all!

169. Zoo_Lee says:

I’m not a huge Zelda fan, but after I saw the second trailer of your movie, I was in the toils! And after I watched the actual movie, I must tell, it was one of the best movies in 2010. Maybe only James Cameron’s Avatar had the same impression on me. Your work is awesome, you showed to everyone, what is a Legend of Zelda movie! (sorry for the incorrect grammar, I’m hungarian, and I learn English, but it’s not the perfect yet.)

170. zeldafan says:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo… why nintendo?

zeldafan Reply:

should’ve made this comment shorter.

171. Zac Cacciolfi says:

you know how come there are already 2 movies about a video game when there cant be a Zelda movie! It makes no sence!

172. Tsunami says:

As a huge fan of the series, you guys did a great job – I loved the movie.

I wish I could have been a part of it.

173. Digital technologies: Nintendo supprime le film fait par fans ‘The Legend of Zelda’ says:

[...] pas avoir des problèmes légaux. C'est le message qu'ils ont laissé à la page officielle de The Legend of Zelda : Hero of Escroque : “Salut à tous. Nous voulions vous faire savoir que le 31 décembre passé a été dernier [...]

174. Technologie innovation: Nintendo drückt den von Fans gemachten Film 'The Legend of Zelda' unter says:

[...] keine gesetzlichen Probleme haben wollten. Das ist die Meldung, die sie in der offiziellen Seite von The Legend of Zelda ließen: Hero Betrügt of: "Hallo in allen. Wir wollten euch mitteilen, dass der vergangene [...]

175. misc guy says:

wow, i cannot believe how many people on here are mad at nintendo! Nintendo has every right to pull this, and as film makers, they should have known the copyright laws. But, they all have DVD copies im sure and they have learned valuable experience in movie making, so, it is in no way a waste of time. people should stop blaming nintendo, if they didnt stop this now, they would have a precedent set for others to rip off there intellectual properties. Nintendo doesnt care if you watch it, its a legal issue, go look it up on the net, its all over the place

Zac Cacciolfi Reply:

they had permision plus the production took at least a year so why would nintendo do it now plus people are making other games based on video games and arnt having a problem so whats the big idea!

176. misc guy says:

i dont know about all the other movies, but i do know that this is not fan fiction like the metal gear one is, this follows the actual plot of ocarina of time. while doing so, it miss represents the zelda games. the relationship between zelda and link is just wrong. link is supposed to show courage in everything he does, and zelda is supposed to be wise beyond her years, when i say wise beyond her years, i mean she shouldnt act like a teenage girl and cry about links absents. I respect the film makers for actually making a full movie because that takes alot of hard work and dedication, however, its amature work and i think alot of important plot points were either rushed, or just got plain wrong. Zelda and Link are not ment to be lovers, to make them lovers is very hollywood film like, but ultimatly wrong. Zelda and Link were childhood freinds. they werent together in any of the zeldas, with the ecception of the first 2 before many major plot exsisted in any video games. and even then there was nothing more than a kiss involved.

anthony Reply:

this was their interpretation of Ocarina of Time, therefore i believe the movie is protected under the Fair Use doctrine.

177. steve says:

go here you will find what u are looking for

178. Jan M. says:

U can watch the movie on Youtube,the bad thing is that u have to watch it in parts there r up to 70 parts

179. anonomous says:

Well, nintendo’s decision sucks. but if they are doing this I hope it means that they have an official movie, If so it better not turn out like that super mario bros. movie (shudder).

180. Viagra says:

I am completly Agree with you! Great Article!

181. Zelda Movie: Banned from TV : Fame Appeal says:

[...] that’s not the case — the movie’s official site was updated, explaining that the studio had come to an agreement with Nintendo to stop distributing the film online. [...]

182. anonomous says:

i think its f***ing retarded. They had a limited appearance on the big screen last year in atlanta, then it doesn’t get released, what happened to that whole vote thing to bring it to the area, now because nintendo is being jack asses loyal fans all over the globe will never get to see it. RELEASE it on DVD as an independant film. That would be the shiznick. And the money brought in from sales would more than pay the copywrites. I’ve seen every zelda cartoon and played every game. I was so excited for a movie that i will now never get see.

183. anonomous says:

at least i still have prince of persia to look forward to

184. Z-MAN7 says:

So is there any way at all BMB can put the DVD file up for download sometime in the future?

185. Yoster says:

Dont tell those greedy f*ers you understand, tell them the truth: they are greedy f*ers who cant respect harmless fanwork that came from 4 years of work.

186. tania79 says:

Thanks for the show. I hope your next project will be just as grandiose as this one.So

187. tania66 says:

188. Earnest Strasburg says:

What a coincidence!! i was just searching for wordpress comment page plugins and came across your site. Nice pills list.

189. The Mad Lord says:

dang! i love this movie! I’ve watched it countless times now XD you guys have done a truly awesome job! and yes links hair is awesome :) ….

bu you know what really sucks!.. Nintendo take this down.. but what about all those legend of Zelda Lego movies on you-tube! Nintendo hasn’t done anything about them? and a lot of those change story’s completely! not to mention don’t even relate to any of the games…i think Nintendo was just scared of what could come out of this movie to tell the truth…

190. John says:

nobody made money off this, f you nintendo

191. John says:

give nintendo the finger by downloading it and distributing it as much as you can to all your friends!

192. La venganza de los fans « Blog de tagUin says:

[...] The hero of time es una película basada en Zelda que no ha gustado nada a Nintendo. Como siempre, aunque los creadores la han retirado, la película es fácil de encontrar. Aquí tenéis el [...]

193. evil smiley says:

Dennis Hopper will always be remembered for his great movies. It’s very sad and a great loss. Not just for the movie industry but in general as he was a man of integrity. His most rememorable movie for me is Hoosiers.

Regards,
    Jennifer
    animated smileys

194. Julianna says:

Whaaaat. I’m so disappointed. D : I was really looking forward to watching this. I was too late I guess. . . ;___; It is soooooo disappointing though.

195. Julianna says:

Is there no way I can see it ever? It seems like it was really amazing. . .

196. Reezles says:

What? I can’t see it? But…I didn’t get a chance to…NOO

I remember watching the updates from when it was first announced that they were making a movie…and because those updates were so far apart I took my time in checking back to the website and the one time I spent a little too long…that’s unfair…but fair in its own rights…I understand that Nintendo didn’t want you getting profit from their characters but at the same time, wouldn’t it promote their games? I just really wanted to see it and I was too late..

There’s absolutely NO chance?

197. Jay Dial says:

It was such a good movie. Nintendo better be making their own Zelda movie and that’s why they got mad!

198. horoscopos says:

Ya mismo estoy agregando este website a mis favoritos. muy buena info.

199. Anonymous says:

Go Nintendo! Zelda wasn’t a great franchise… Now the final fantasy movies were great as were the games.

200. Noemi Stamenov says:

Skate Longboards

201. arcader34 says:

could you possibly send it to me to? i’ve wntd to see this movie for a long time but i couldn’t find it online.

202. Candace Snarr says:

Aw, I’m way sad that I didn’t get into Zelda till early this year, and missed a chance to see this movie production. Well, I congratulate you anyways! I hope that maybe I can enjoy some other films you will make!

203. Zac Cacciolfi says:

Hello, i was wondering if i could get a download or something of the movie. I found out i could download the movie right after the day it was taken down. At first i thought i could live with out it but, i need to see it badly! You see i am a huge fan of the zelda series. In fact every game i played, witch i played 6 of them, i beat all of them but 2. I even played them over and over agian when i beat them. So please email me at zcacciolfi@aol.com for your reply. Thanks.

204. SkyNinja says:

Wow, that’s retarded. The only reason Nintendo didn’t want you to keep it up is because they can’t make money off it. Look at Valve, I mean, they don’t care if someone does this kind of thing with their games, as long as it’s distributed for free.

205. Catherine @ Nintendo Warehouse says:

Hi, just doing some research for my Nintendo site. Truly more information than you can imagine on the web. Wasn’t what I was looking for, but good site. Cya later.

206. whatralphwrought.com » Blog Archive » Zelda Movie: Banned from TV says:

207. Heart Bracelet says:

learning english is quite easy, there arem any tutorials on the internet and some audiobooks too *”*

208. Johnathon Roorda says:

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

209. Acarey says:

Wow im 3 years too late, im mortified yet not surprised by Nintendo’s move in regards to the fanmade Hero Of Time film. Nintendo has become increasingly nasty towards anything that isnt Mario in the last few years, its taken the best part of the decade to finally get the perfection that is Golden Sun 3. I hope the remake of ocarina of time is a flop and they sell to Lionhead.

But I wont give up, im sure that someone copied and has uploaded it elsewhere, I will view their efforts!

210. Bariatric Surgery says:

.’- I am really thankful to this topic because it really gives up to date information ~~-

211. Chandler says:

wow i’ve like been waiting for this movie for like ever and jst now findind out there was one but yall can’t show it any more. that totally suck and is just lame of nintendo. well thanks for trying i hope it’ll work out in the furture if yall ever try again.

212. nathan says:

SCREW NINTENDO I WILL NEVER PLAY A NINTENDO GAME OR CONSOLE EVER AGAIN I WANTED TO WATCH THIS MOVIE SO BAD AND COUDN’T F*CK NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

213. LeetStreet Boys » Archive » Nintendo Kills The Hero Of Time says:

[...] Dang it. Nintendo pulled out the cease and decist on The Hero Of Time. Not surprising, but disappointing. [...]

214. Minecraft Modders Make Epic Tribute in Zelda Adventure says:

[...] take kindly to fan games and has quickly shut down fan-made content in the past. The Japanese firm killed off a homemade Zelda-inspired movie in 2010. Recommend on Facebook Tweet about it Subscribe to the comments on this [...]

215. Brainless Driving says:

[...] take kindly to fan games and has quickly shut down fan-made content in the past. The Japanese firm killed off a homemade Zelda-inspired movie in [...]

216. Brainless Driving says:

[...] have one word for this: Epic. (Though I have to say that I, like Wired’s Mark Brown, am disappointed with the creator for not calling it “Legend of Zelda: Blockarina of [...]

217. :( says:

Too bad I never got to watch this masterpiece…

218. wii sports boxing cheats says:

I like your site a lot, I just bookmarked it.

219. alex says:

i dont like this. why the hell whould do this

220. Ukyo says:

I have a copy of the movie for me to watch, and my best friend is getting one, too! Take that, Nintendo!

221. Jake says:

something you could do is change certain things so it won’t be a Zelda movie, but an original creation. That is what they are doing with Te Legend of Zelda: Sage of Darkness.